PHOTOSKWELA PHOTO CONTEST MECHANICS:
Canon will run a photography workshop series for Canon users. Below are the schedules and their respective venues:
- May 14 – 15 – SM City North Edsa
- May 21 – 22 – SM Southmall, SM City Naga
- May 28 – 29 – SM Megamall
- June 4 – 5 – SM City Manila
- June 11 – 12 – Sarrosa Hotel Cebu
- June 18 – 19 – APO View Hotel Davao
- June 25 – 26 – SM City Bacolod, SM City Pampanga
- July 1 – 2 – UP Diliman
- All participants who bought their cameras from May 1 – July 2, 2011 are eligible to join an exclusive photo contest.
- Participants must visit the Canon Facebook fan page and to register to a Canon PhotoSkwela workshop. An SMS notification will be sent to their mobile number to confirm their reserved slot.
- Participants need to register during the day of the workshio to confirm their attendance. Upon registration, participants will be provided a code by registration officers. This will be a unique 5-character alphaneumeric code (eg. A4GE9S).
- Entries will be accommodated from May 21 – July 2, 2011. Entries will be sent by participants to email@example.com. Deadline of entries will be on 11:59PM of July 9, 2011.
- Valid entries must be:
- Taken using a Canon compact cameras
- Not manipulated (minor modifications such as adjustments in brightness, exposure, and cropping are allowed).
- Posted with the correct code provided during the participant’s registration
- Only one entry per participant will be accepted
6. Judging of entries will be on July 12, 2011, 2 PM, at the Canon head office.
7. Entries will be judged by Canon’s panel of judges consisting of:
- Ernalou Amechachurra – Canon Assistant Marketing Manager with four years experience handling the Canon Camera Group
- JayR Romero – Canon Assistant Manager for Professional Imaging Products who directly handles Canon Professional Imaging Equipment and photography hobbyist
- Antonni Cuesta – Canon Pro Representative, Pro Sales Executive and Freelance Photographer)
8. Winning photos will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Composition 20%
- Creativity 20%
- Originality 30%
- Impact 30%
9. There will be three winners to get an EOS 1100D 18-55 Kit worth Php 31,950. Winning contestants will also be pre-registered to the much-awaited National Canon PhotoMarathon, entrance into which has been much-coveted due to the limited slots available.
10. Prizes are tax-free, not convertible to cash, and are non-transferable.
11. Prizes not claimed within 60 days from the receipt of notification will be forfeited with prior DTI approval.
12. All entries will remain properties of the participants. Canon reserves the right to use them with consent of the owner.
13. Winners of the contest will be announced via the Canon Digital Cameras – Philippines Facebook Fan Page. Winners will also be notified via email and registered mail.
14. Prizes will be shipped to winners via courier care of Canon Marketing Philippines.
15. Employees of Canon Marketing (Philippines), Inc., Demo Power, and SM Supermalls and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are ineligible to win in this photo contest.